“Hip Donelson cannot be all things to all people. So we have decided to be a positive environment for bettering Donelson. It does not mean there is not a place to voice your complaints … it’s just not here.”
TERMS OF SERVICE: (updated January 1, 2017) By using our Facebook Groups, you agree to the following:
- This page is moderated. Posts judged by the administrators of this forum to be inappropriate, adversely negative or that do not otherwise serve the needs of our members and community will be removed without notice.
- Members who post inappropriate material may also be removed and / or banned from the group without notice.
- Solicitation of money not specifically approved by the Administrators of Hip Donelson is prohibited specifically, all solicitations via online means are prohibited (gofundme, etc).
- Posts with pictures, depicting “before and after” views of a person or persons will be removed.
- Any member post that incites “trolling” on any and all Hip Donelson related groups will be deleted without warning. Trolling includes any and all posts that include a form of harassment or destructive language with the intent to provoke another member into destructive or negative comments. This includes all politically biased posts, blatant advertisements, embedded links, financial call to action posts as well as posts with sexual content. For more information on “trolling” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
- Hip Donelson supports pet adoptions through shelters and rescue facilities; therefore, we do not allow the sale of any animal on Hip Donelson. Re-homing of pets is not allowed on Hip Donelson, except by approved Pet Rescue organizations that are IRS 501(c)3 organizations. Please see our Lost Pets sister site for more details. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HipDpets/?ref=ts&fref=ts
- If you have a gripe or complaint with a business or with someone on this page, please take that discussion to another site or via private means. No one enjoys the negativity. Negative posts, or comments will be removed at the discretion of of the moderators.
- For the enjoyment of all of our members, we do not allow classified advertisements on any of the Hip Donelson owned groups. Classified advertisements for the purposes of this group include the sale of personal items, including tickets to events, and ISO (in search of) items to buy. Postings for homes for sale or rent are allowed, as long as they are located within Donelson or Hermitage and are not posted more than 2 times in a 7 day period. Homes for sale or rent must have the address of the property listed in the post. Announcements of garage sales are allowed, as long as pricing is not discussed and are located in Donelson or Hermitage and are not posted more than 2 times. Posts that including pricing of specific items, will be removed.
- With the high volume of members and postings occurring, in order for everyone to get the maximum benefit from the opportunities presented by Hip Donelson, we ask that extraneous conversational postings (especially those not dealing with Donelson’s residents, businesses, neighborhoods, etc.) be limited.
- The Events page is reserved for Hip Donelson Sponsored events and is for nonprofit groups only. Should you wish to have an event appear on our Events page, visit our events page to request your event to be published http://www.hipdonelson.org/events/
- The IRS strictly forbids 501(c)3 organizations from participating in political campaigns and severely limits the influencing of legislation (lobbying), Therefore, Posts that have the appearance of lobbying, or to influence legislation, gathering of petitions for change, etc are strictly prohibited and will be removed, as will posts by, or for any political candidate for office. Images used to promote any political candidate will also be removed.
- To keep with our mission of supporting local Donelson based businesses, only businesses that are physically located in Donelson post on the Hip Donelson page. Businesses advertising outside of the Donelson – Hermitage area may be deleted without notice. Promoting businesses is best done by happy customers. We ask that businesses who promote themselves do so through a personal profile and to limit those promotions to 2 posts per 7 day period. Advertisements of any kind, on our sister sites is prohibited. Promotional posts from a business are not easily identifiable as being based in Donelson or Hermitage will be removed. Please make sure your physical location is listed.
- Hip Donelson does not allow MLM (Multi Level Marketing) advertisements on our Facebook Group, OR advertisements for on-line businesses, or profiles depicting a business name, even if that business originates locally. Definition of MLM ads are at the discretion of the moderators, but include calls to action soliciting sales representatives, etc or what would normally be considered apparent calls for quick cash, weight loss, or any on-line purchasing.
- Posting “referral codes” to businesses and/or attractions are not allowed on Hip Donelson.
- Garage / Estate / Yard Sales area allowed on Hip Donelson, if they are physically located in Donelson, Hermitage or Old Hickory. The listing may not be posted more than 2 times in a 7 day period and not on back to back days. The listing may not include more that ONE picture, pricing may not be listed or discussed in the post. There are many community yard sale Facebook groups that are easily found by searching Facebook that are designed to promote yard sales. We recommend those pages. Moderators may, at their discretion, turn off commenting on all Garage / Estate / Yard Sale postings.
- Hip Donelson does not allow contests, including calls to action to do a particular task, in order to get something in return.
- Using meme’s (pictures with words) to comment on posts are not allowed on our group and they will be immediately removed.
- Job postings are allowed on Hip Donelson, as long as the job opportunity is located within a reasonable distance from Donelson, and the post must include the job title, work locations and contact information including either email or telephone.
- Cursing on Hip Donelson, in any form, including removal of letters to mask the actual word or phrase, will result in the immediate and permanent removal of the user from all Hip Donelson groups, without notice.
- If you find a post that is offensive, or you feel that violates our Terms of Service, simply click the arrow in the upper right corner of the post, and click “Report”. A message will be sent to all moderators, who will then look at the post and take appropriate action.
- Please do not promote other groups on Hip Donelson. Those posts will be removed without notice.
- Live video posts are prohibited on any Hip Donelson Facebook Group and will be removed without notice, unless from and/or approved by the Hip Donelson Board of Directors.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone to any of our Facebook pages that we feel do not fit community standards that we strive for.
Hip Donelson, Hip D, Caught Being Hip, Hip Supports, Hip Supports Local, Hip Donelson Neighborhood Watch Network, Hip Donelson Pets, Hip Donelson Lost and Found Pets, Hip Donelson Outdoors, Hip Donelson Community Farmers Market and the Hip Donelson and Hip D logos and similar are trademarks of Hip Donelson, Inc.Hip Donelson is a not for profit, charitable organization formed under Section 501(c)3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Donations to all Hip Donelson programs of work are tax-deductible as charitable contributions for US federal income tax purposes to the extent allowable by law.Thank you for being Hip!!!